Some of you guys may wish to get rid of McAfee Internet Security due to its annoying application errors like the "Install.exe - Application Error... instruction at '0x6240cbdd' referenced memory at '0x6240cbdd'. The memory... can not 'read'".
Then you can follow the steps to remove this McAfee product on a WinXP machine:
- Open the main platform, click Navigation and click Subscription entry.
- Copy or write the "Subscription Information" on the window. See it below. Then ensure you've saved all your files and programs in use and then, you switch your currently active user account to the Admin one.
- Click start and click Control Panel on right pane.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Then "Currently installed programs" will display all the programs you installed on your PC. You locate McAfee Internet Security item and click on the Change/Remove button next to it.
- To fully uninstall McAfee Internet Security and related projects on your computer, you then check the option "McAfee Internet Security" and "SiteAdvisor" to the following "Remove McAfee Software" wizard and then, you click Remove button on it.
- Then the McAfee Internet Security may inform you that "You Still Have an Active Subscription", you can ignore it and click Remove on it.
- "Please wait while we remove the McAfee programs from your PC".
- Finally, the following "Software Removed" will ask you to reboot your PC. You can choose one of two options that window provides.