According to the latest virus analysis from Google's VirusTotal (VT), CouponBar™'s installer Couponscom (SHA256, c4bc7c19b952dbc426814c6f37d45efa1226d3d79c1ad05ba52959b8b83d2cb1) has been flagged as MALWARE.
- TrendMicro-HouseCall, PAK_Generic.016
- TrendMicro, PAK_Generic.016
- ByteHero, Virus.Win32.Part.a
To successfully remove the Couponbar ad-based program, you first need to be the system Admin then close all of your running browser programs.
- hit start button then go to Control Panel.
- Choose "Add/Remove Programs".
- Locate the risky Couponbar item (10.68MB) in the following "Currently installed programs" list, then press Remove button next to it.
- Please wait while Couponbar Uninstaller helps remove Couponbar in the background.
- Close the following confusing "CouponBar™", saying "Congratulations! Your CouponBar
- Please note your Add/Remove may become unresponsive for a while. Save your work, restart and then check all of your web tools like Firefox. Remember, reset your homepage plus search engine settings, remove the remaining Coupons[dot]com CouponBar in them.
PS: This recommended how-to KB community can keep you away from many other pups.