Have you ever encountered the problem that you computer was locked by some malware like the Ukash Virus? If so, you are one of the amount of victims in the world. The Ukash virus holds your computer ransom by demanding a fine for your allegedly illegal internet activities. Ukash virus can be categorized as ransomware which is a type of malware used for data kidnapping. It takes your data hostage by encrypting it using supposedly unbreakable encryption algorithms and then demands payment in exchange for the decryption key. When your computer is infected by the Ukash Virus, the main screen of PC would show you fake notification which alerts you that you have violated the laws and related policy. The Ukash YooSecurity Virus will lock you out of your computer and applications, so whenever you’ll try to log on into your Windows operating system or Safe Mode with Networking, it will display instead a lock screen asking you to pay anywhere from 100 to 200 Euro/$ in the form of a MoneyPak,Ukash or PaySafeCard code. The only way to release your computer is to remove the Ukash Virus immediately. By the way, the FBI Moneypak virus is quite similar with the Ukash Virus. If one of your computers also has been infected by the FBI Moneypak virus, you can visit this article about how to remove the FBI YooSecurity virus. FBI Moneypak virus is another kind of ransomware and will scare you by blocking your PC system.
Symptoms or Harmfulness of Windows Ukash Virus Infection
A. Continually pops up fake alert to threaten you pay ransom which is really annoying.
B. This viruses can gradually destroy your computer operating system.
C. It can lock your computer and you can’t run normal applications.
D. It will steal your personal information for illegal usage, which may bring you great harm both from finance and psychology aspects.
E. When you suffer from economic losses, you makes the cyber cribbers have tasted the sweetness of illegal activities.
How to Remove Ukash Virus Manually?
1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.
2. Press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts.Please keep in mind that you need to press the F8 key before the Windows start-up logo appears.
3. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking , and then press ENTER.
4. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys to open the Task manager to terminate the progress of this virus. Because the name will be changed fast, it will be showed with different name.
5. Delete all the files related to this Microsoft Windows Ukash Virus.
6. Delete the Virus register entries created in computer system.
Additional Source: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130411100516AAyQ9JG